A groundbreaking opportunity to develop your passion for the world of sports. With insight into all aspects of the sports industry, you’ll benefit from focused, attentive teaching and make connections with industry professionals, opening doors to your future.
To be considered for this course, as a minimum you will need 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent at grade 4 and above. Preferably this will include English and Maths, although pathways are available to those that just miss out on a Grade 4 in these core subjects.
· BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport – worth up to 3 A Levels, and will facilitate an entrance into University or further education.
· Functional skills Level 2 – Essential progression if you did not manage to attain a grade 4 in English or Maths.
A BTEC National Extended Diploma is traditionally made up of a series of units.
Mandatory units – all nine units must be taken:
· Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
· The Physiology of Fitness
· Assessing Risk in Sport
· Fitness Training and Programming
· Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
· Sports Nutrition
· Psychology for Sports Performance
· Technical and Tactical Skills in Sport
· The Athlete’s Lifestyle
Additional units and fitness courses can be discussed with your tutor.
The London Youth Premier Showcase has more contacts offering more opportunities than your ordinary sports college from academy scouts to universities.
Matches and training sessions are recorded for player development, performance analysis and player profiles.
Elite Training and Match Programme against other private academies, sports colleges and semi pro clubs.
Opportunities to play in FA Youth Cup for one of our partnered Semi Pro Clubs.
Opportunities to gain an US Scholarship where you can play and study in America.
Work placements and Apprenticeships offered for students looking to gain experience in the sports industry.
Employability Skills (Such as Interview Preparation, Cover Letters and CV Writing)
Sports Related Business Skills (From the management to the marketing)
BTEC LEVEL 3 Course Details
16-18 year olds Free
5 GCSE’s Grades 4-9
Access to higher education, including University and Higher Apprenticeships
Course enquiry Email